If you have experienced an auto accident, you may not know the full extent of your injuries until days, weeks, or even months after the event. You should seek out the services of your doctor immediately following the event, to help minimize the effects of the accident on your body. Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports in Fort Lauderdale, FL, provides a wide range of medical services, including treatment for auto accident injuries.
What You Need To Know About Auto Accident Injuries
Your body can suffer mild to severe injuries from an auto accident, including:
- Whiplash, which causes neck pain and inability to turn your head
- Shoulder injuries, which can make it difficult to move your arms
- Back injuries, which can cause immobility and overall body pain
- Arm injuries, which can interfere with your ability to perform daily tasks
- Leg injuries, which can affect your ability to walk
If you experience a minor auto accident, you may be able to heal at home if you:
- Rest for a few days to give your body time to heal
- Apply ice packs to the injured area for 15 minutes on day 1 and 2
- Apply heat for the next few days to relieve muscle tension
- Do gentle stretches to regain flexibility and range-of-motion
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
At Mobility Spine And Sports, your doctor will perform a comprehensive physical examination which may include imaging studies, to determine the extent and location of your injuries. Depending on the severity and location of the auto accident injuries, your doctor may recommend:
- Osteopathic manipulation, to help realign muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones
- Neuromuscular re-education, to promote proper body positioning and movement
- Electrical stimulation with a TENS unit to relax muscle tension
- Interventional injections to reduce pain and swelling, promote healing, and help regain full range-of-motion
- Therapeutic massage to relax tense muscles and lengthen tight tendons and ligaments
Want To Know More?
To find out more about how an auto accident impacts your body, and how your doctor can help you feel better, call Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports in Fort Lauderdale, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (954) 414-7080, so call today.