Your hips do a lot for you. They help support your weight and help you move through your daily activities. They help you enjoy being active and playing sports. When you suffer from hip pain, your life suffers too. Your doctor can help. Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports, in Fort Lauderdale, FL, provides a wide range of medical services, including diagnosis and treatment of hip pain.
What You Need To Know About Hip Pain
Hip pain can be caused by a few factors, including:
- An accident involving your hips
- A sports injury involving your hips
- A degenerative joint and bone condition like arthritis
- An age-related condition like osteoporosis
- Wear and tear from work or lifestyle
- A bad fall causing trauma to your hips
If you have mild, occasional hip pain, you may be able to get relief if you:
- Alternate ice and heat application on your hip
- Rest and take pressure off your hip
- Take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication
- Avoid activities which cause hip pain
If you suffer from moderate to severe hip pain which doesn’t resolve, you should seek out the services of your doctor. At Mobility Spine And Sports, Dr. Bush will begin with a comprehensive examination, which may include diagnostic imaging and laboratory testing. When the underlying cause of your hip pain is identified, your treatment may include:
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication to reduce inflammation
- Cortisone injections into your hip joint to reduce swelling and inflammation
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to accelerate healing
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation to improve flexibility and mobility
For severe cases of hip pain caused by degenerative joints and other chronic conditions, hip surgery or hip replacement may be recommended.
To help prevent hip pain, it’s important to:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Wear supportive, comfortable shoes
- Stretch and exercise regularly
- Begin an exercise regimen slowly
- Practice yoga and exercises which are easy on your joints
Want To Know More?
To find out more about prevention, causes, and what to do about hip pain, call Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports, in Fort Lauderdale, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (954) 414-7080, so call today.