How your osteopathic medicine doctor in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can help when you have a knee injury or disorder
Your knees help keep you on your feet and able to enjoy activities like skiing, basketball, jogging, and other sports. They also help you just walk around. When your knees hurt, it can dramatically impact your life. Fortunately, your osteopathic medicine doctor can help you keep your knees in top shape.
Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports in Fort Lauderdale, FL, provides a full range of osteopathic medicine services, including treatment of knee injuries and knee disorders.
These are just a few common knee disorders that can cause knee pain:
- A knee injury, from a vehicular accident or sports injury
- A bad fall onto your knee, can cause a broken kneecap, or torn ligaments and tendons
- Arthritis, can cause inflammation in the knee joint and eventually, joint destruction
- Obesity, can cause stress and pressure on your knees
There are a few precautions you can take to avoid knee problems. Remember to:
- Always wear the correct, supportive shoes for the activity you are doing
- Always wear protective knee pads if you are playing a contact sport
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid stressing your knees
Moderate to severe knee pain can be disabling, so it’s important to seek out the services of an expert, your osteopathic medicine doctor.
Common treatments for knee injuries and disorders include:
- Osteopathic manipulation, to help realign your knee joint so it functions properly
- Neuromuscular reeducation, to help you learn to move correctly to prevent stress and damage to your knees
- Interventional injections, to decrease swelling and fluid retention around your knee joint
- Wearing supportive devices including braces, casts, or crutches to take pressure off your knees and allow you to stay mobile
- Physical therapy, including stretches and exercises to help increase flexibility and range of motion in your knees
To learn more about how your osteopathic doctor can treat your knee injury or knee disorder, call Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports in Fort Lauderdale, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (954) 414-7080, so call today.