How your osteopathic medicine doctor in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can help you recover from an auto accident injury
Auto accidents can cause severe damage to your body, and unfortunately, you may not feel the effects until days or weeks later. The sudden, uncontrollable shifting of your body can cause torn ligaments and tendons, broken bones, and muscle damage.
Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports in Fort Lauderdale, FL, provides a wide range of osteopathic medicine services, including treatment of an auto accident injury.
Let’s look at some of the ways an auto accident impacts your body:
- From a front-end collision, you can damage your legs, chest, face, and head
- From a side collision, you can damage your abdomen, legs, chest, head,
- From a rear-end collision, you can damage your spine, back, neck, head, arms, and legs
If you suffer minor aches and pains, you can try:
- Applying ice for the first few days, and then heat after that
- Doing gentle stretches to maintain your flexibility
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and pain medication
If you suffer moderate to severe pain from an auto accident, your osteopathic medicine doctor can help. Common professional treatments include:
Osteopathic manipulation, to help correct your spinal area, shoulder and neck areas, and other parts of your body which may have been moved out of place by the accident.
Neuromuscular re-education, to help learn correct body positioning and movement to avoid injuries in the future. Along with neuromuscular re-education, your doctor may recommend electrical stimulation with a TENS unit to help relax muscles.
Interventional injections, help reduce swelling, facilitate healing, and aid in regaining full range of motion after an accident.
To help you regain full health after an auto accident, your osteopathic doctor may also recommend:
- Therapeutic massage, to relax tense muscles and help lengthen tight ligaments and tendons
- Therapeutic ultrasound, to boost circulation and promote healing
- Therapeutic exercises, to help build strength, mobility, and flexibility
To learn more about how your osteopathic doctor can treat your auto accident injury, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Darin Bush at Mobility Spine And Sports in Fort Lauderdale, FL. You can reach him in the office by calling (954) 414-7080, so call now.